Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Series...Episode One

This is the beginning of a new phase of my life. That’s a powerful statement. Why now? What now?

I would say again that I have suffered the affliction of hubris in the past, and to understand that is to know that this new phase of my life is based upon the truest humility I can possibly manage. I am uncertain of most things that I believed in the past -- about how the world works, what is important, and how to live the best life. I am even embarrassed about how my priorities were once skewed, and it is a great effort to simply lay down any preconceptions and take a step forward in any direction.

It is apparent that I’ve become stuck because of this fear of my own choices, even as I’ve moved along in some areas of my life, purely out of necessity. Equally important, it is becoming clearly necessary to take a step, and so now I take a step forward with my focus pointed inward rather than outward, and watch myself become. I appreciate the opportunity to see what happens... next.

No comments: